Dahi Vada is an easy side dish recipe served on festivals like Holi and Diwali. Made with urad dal, dry fruits and curd, this delicious dish is loved by people of all age groups. So, if you wish to explore a new version of popular Dahi Vada recipe, try this savory dish.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes + Soaking Time
- 1 cup dhuli urad ki daal (husked black gram)-soaked 5-6 hours, and ground to a paste
- Oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups yogurt-beaten smooth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp kala namak (black rock salt)
- Chaat ka masala for garnishing
How to Make Dahi Vada
Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
Heat the oil.
Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat. Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water.
Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 Tbsp of the coriander leaves and black pepper into the yogurt.
Squeeze out the fried bhallas and arrange them on a serving dish.
Cover it with yogurt garnish with the rest of the cumin, coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.