The Egg Curry recipe is a simple and easy that can be made in less than 30 minutes if you have all ingredients organized. This egg curry is a tasty of the egg in an onion garlic cloves cinnamon and tomato based gravy. It makes a tasty dinner or a Weekend brunch when served along with steamed rice.
Course: Side Dish
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 Whole Eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 6 Tomatoes, cooked and pureed
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- Coriander leaves (Dhania), few leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Cooking oil, for cooking
- Salt , to taste
Ingredients for paste
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
Directions for quick and simple egg curry recipe
- To begin making the egg curry recipe, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok, add in the onion garlic & ginger paste. Cook for a few minutes until the raw smell goes away and onion changes color.
- When the onion is well roasted, add in the red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander power and sugar. Mix those powders into the onion masala until well combined.
- Now add in the tomato pulp, salt and the eggs. Cook the Egg Curry covered for 10 to 15 minutes until you see the eggs are coated well with the curry.
- Check the salt and spice levels and the reliability of the curry. Adjust them to taste and add water if you want the regularity of the curry to be thinner. When done, mix in the chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Serve the Egg Curry along with steamed rice, raita and salad.